The latest estimate by the national institute of mental health states that about 16 million adults have had at least one episode of depression in their lifetime. The good news is that we have many tools that can be used to effectively treat depression. I believe that both medication and therapy are important for treatment and my goal is to get depression not only controlled but in remission. By remission, I mean not only being free of symptoms, but also having the ability to live a healthy, happy and productive life. Together, I know this can be possible.
Ways that I incorporate the latest evidence based research and treatment:
- Combined use of medication and therapy
- Using the latest medications
- Reducing side effects with more effective medications
- Use of genetic testing by genomind®
- Goal directed, individual tailored, personalized treatment