Anxiety is one of the most common ailments that about 40 million adults experience a year. The weight of increasing demands in the workplace and at home have left many feeling as though they have little time to recharge and fully live their lives without stress and worry. I fully believe that anxiety can be managed and my goal is to have my patients be able to live worry and stress free lives with a sense of purpose.
Ways that I incorporate the latest evidence based research and treatment:
- Combined use of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) along with medication
- Incorporation of mindfulness and stress relaxation techniques
- Use of new and novel smartphone apps to assist in treatment
- Careful monitoring of side effects with effective medications
- Goal directed, individual tailored, personalized treatment