There is a growing number of people suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Common symptoms include nightmares and flashbacks of a specific trauma. Fluctuations of mood and “being on edge” are also common in PTSD. In the last few years, there have been many new ways to effectively treat these symptoms.
Things that I use to treat PTSD:
- Trauma focused insight oriented therapy
- Use of novel medications for symptom relief
- Treatment of the body as well as the mind together
- Incorporation of EMDR in therapy
- Goal directed, individual tailored, personalized treatment